25 October 2016
Ten Ways to a Stunning Kitchen Without Breaking the Bank
Gift Registry Ideas
You finally have a place to call your own...alllright! Now it's time to add your personal touch. The kitchen is the heart of the home and a prime place to invest if you want to add value. However kitchens can also easily break the bank, plus your account is likely already in a bit of a sad state if you've just bought a new home. So how can you still achieve the look you're after, without having to live off canned food for the rest of the year?
Here are ten quick wins, proven to help lighten the load but still achieve a beautiful result:
1) Go with ready-to-assemble cabinets
Cabinetry will be your biggest money burner. There are so many options on the market, Ikea being an obvious one, that can drastically lower your costs. Custom cabinets can cost $10,000 to $60,000. But with ready to assemble from Ikea, you can usually do it for less than $5,000. Saving on cabinetry will then allow you to splurge a little more on things like countertops, which are essential to get right for a stylish finish.
Photo Credit: http://lindsaystephenson.com
2) Get multiple quotes
3) See if your suppliers will do cash jobs
4) Keep the layout of your kitchen the same
5) Seek out generic brand countertops
6) Don't go with waterfall sides on your kitchen island
7) Add your dream kitchen to your Gift Registry
8) Do the demolition yourself
9) Open up the space, without removing walls
10) Do the painting and finishing yourself
(Photo Credit: mydomaine.com)
If you enjoyed reading this, you may also like:
- 2017 Gift Registry Ideas to Inspire Your Mind, Body, and Soul
- How to use your GiftSpaces Registry to Kick-Off your Art Investments
- Canadian Gift Registry Finds for Foodies
- What to put on your registry when you have everything you need
- Alternative Gift Registry Ideas for the Modern Couple
Here at GiftSpaces, we are dedicated to helping brides-to-be, new parents, honeymooners and all those celebrating life's special moments turn their visions into reality through the power of community. GiftSpaces allows users to curate one registry with anything from anywhere and have friends and family contribute financial gifts.
Create your own GiftSpace registry for free here.